Fun Indoor Activities to do while home
- Dance to your favorite song
- Try out some free online exercise classes (Zumba, Yoga, etc…)
- Practice small exercises like stair stepping, jump rope, planks, lunges, etc…
- Organize and clean – you get some exercise from cleaning too!
- Try out some YouTube tutorials for healthy activities
- Take a walk around the house while socially distancing
- Set up an exercise video call with a friend and work out together!
Fun things to keep your mind active
- Volunteer Virtually
- Build your hobbies such as artwork, knitting, baking, writing, etc…
- Create your own healthy cookbook
- Host a virtual book club with friends
- Build some DIY projects
- Have video group chats regularly with friends and family
- Tour online museum exhibits
- Learn a new language through an app on your phone
- Learn a new skill through YouTube tutorials
- And much more!
Tips for working from home
How to stay connected while socially distancing
- Regularly call friends and loved ones
- Hold video meetings over Zoom
- Utilize social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Mail Letters
- Host virtual get togethers
- Take advantage of online webinars and tutorials
New York Coping Circles
This New York initiative provides free six-week support and resilience group therapy sessions for people impacted by the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Coping Circles are available to all New Yorkers, ages 18 and older. Coping Circles are also available in different languages.
- Sessions for Coping Circles will be held by video or phone and facilitated by licensed mental health professionals
- Coping Circles will be available throughout the summer through the end of August 2020.
- New Yorkers interested in joining Coping a Circles can register at NY.Gov/CopingCircles, a secure and HIPAA-compliant web platform.