Venture House is a non-profit community based mental health agency helping adults who are living with mental illness achieve recovery through improved access to employment, education, recreation, affordable housing, meaningful relationships, and community engagement in an environment of mutual acceptance and empowerment.
Venture House utilizes a unique approach to Psychosocial Rehabilitation known as the Clubhouse Model, which originated in the 1940’s as a self-help support group called WANA (We Are Not Alone.) The Clubhouse is a person-centered, evidence based practice that draws upon individual strengths, supports the idea that engagement in purposeful activity is restorative, and that lasting social connection promotes health and well-being. Clubhouse members work side by side with staff, on a volunteer basis, in running the day-to-day operations, which include: reception, clerical, meal preparation, program development, facility maintenance, outreach, advocacy, social programming and much more.
Venture House offers:
- A work-ordered day in which the talents and abilities of members are recognized and utilized within the Clubhouse.
- Participation on consensus-based decision making regarding all matters relating to the operation of the Clubhouse.
- Opportunities to obtain paid employment through transitional employment (TE) and supported employment (SE) programs.
- Supported Education (SEd).
- Health and Wellness Programming
- Social and Recreational Programming during the evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Assistance in accessing safe & sustainable housing
- Access to crisis intervention
Health and Wellness Social Recreation