Dear Venture House Community,
Due to COVID-19, Venture House’s buildings will temporarily be closed to the public to encourage the practice of social distancing. While the Clubhouse buildings are closed, we are still active! Venture House will continue to provide support and services throughout the duration of this unprecedented crisis. We encourage members to reach out to staff and one another. All staff continue to work off-site and are available by phone, email and on social media (M – F, 9 AM- 5PM). Their contacts are as follows:
- Bailey, Norman: (646) 747-1512 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boon, Maggie: (646) 747-1519 Magdelene@venturehouse.org
- Boulanger, Mark: (646) 214-8166 email@example.com
- Bubb, Prisca: (646) 747-1510 Prisca@venturehouse.org
- Busan, Robert: (646) 214-8172 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cangialosi, Joanne: (646) 747-1527 email@example.com
- De La Salas, Jesus: (646) 747-1523 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Douglas, Juliet: (646) 747-1509 email@example.com
- Ferra, Alexis: (646) 747-1511 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hensy, Carissal: (646) 214-8165 email@example.com
- Jones, Larry: (646) 747-1522 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perez, Fabian: (646) 747-1518 Fabian@venturehouse.org
- Plotka, David: (646) 747-1531 email@example.com
- Presepe, Alexandria: (646) 214-8162 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qaiser, Tayyaba: (646) 214-8167 email@example.com
- Rabelo, Michelle: (646) 747-1517 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ravel, Faqueni: (646) 214-8164 email@example.com
- Ritchie, Matthew: (646) 747-1516 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sikinyi, Luke: (646) 747-1513 email@example.com
- Simmons, April: (646) 747-1529 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turner, Devin: (646) 214-8168 email@example.com
We have also created a Facebook group to engage members remotely in the work-ordered day. Please email staff to receive the Facebook group link. Once you have received the link please follow the steps below to join.
- a) Login to Facebook
- b) follow the link provided by staff
- c) click “join”
- d) You will be asked if you are a venture house member/staff. Click yes
- e) Click submit
- f) You will be approved to join the group shortly thereafter
Once you are approved, you can read and post in the group, or go to your specific unit (“units” section in the middle of the page on mobile, or on the left hand side on desktop) to see what’s happening in your department.
If you have any questions, please email/call Maggie.
If you feel overwhelmed, or need help coping outside of 9-5, you can contact NYC Well, a confidential 24/7 helpline, staffed by trained counselors. They can provide brief counseling and referrals to care in over 200 languages and other resources. Call 888-NYC-WELL (888-692-9355), Text “WELL” to 65173, or chat at nyc.gov/nycwell. You can also contact the disaster distress helpline at 800-985-5990 or text Talkwithus to 66746.
Stay healthy, stay safe and wash your hands. Please see the attached flyer with the signs and symptoms of COVID. If you are having symptoms, please contact your doctor immediately.
Venture House will post a list of available resources for those in need during our temporary closure.
See below for relevant information and materialWhat You Should Know Virtual Clubhouse Food Resources Wellness While Distancing Request Assistance For Members How You Can Help